“Here’s to shorter days, longer nights and not minding it one bit.”
– Starbucks Sign
I’m not promoting multi-national companies or coffee here, however this advert really made me think.
How often do we complain about the weather / external circumstances?
I know I do. I love the summer so much and rebel internally when autumn arrives.
How much better to embrace each season as it arrives and all that it brings?
Things I have recently enjoyed / some ideas for you if you are struggling with the end of summer and start of the cooler season of autumn / fall depending on where you live.
- leaves changing colour
- being cold and wrapping up warm
- rich brown, deep orange and burnt red colours
- breathing in cool crisp air
- sipping on a caramel machiato!
- enjoying the still hot sun at lunchtimes
- going to sleep early – darker nights mean its easier to fall asleep!
- log fires
- walking in the rain with a big umbrella
- clear skies
- starry nights
You can also choose to embrace the different seasons of your life.
What do you fight against that with a little change in your thinking you could embrace and be OK with?
Some ideas to help you overcome:
- Identify situations that you are struggling with
- Could you view the situation in a different light?
- What are the good things about it?
- If you were helping someone else in the same place, what words of encouragement would you give them?
- Look for seeds of opportunity.
Focus on the GOOD.
– Emma 😀// If you like this post, you can subscribe to receive encouragement and inspiration via email to help you on your way: